One of my favorite memories of being pregnant was the day we found out we were having a girl. I distinctly remember Rob's reaction. He was kind of hoping for a boy, so it took him a minute to process this new nugget of information.
Deep in thought, he started going through the following check list out loud: She can still play golf. She can still play tennis. She can still be a swimmer. She can still be a cyclist... He was audibly switching gears from blue to pink and reassuring himself that even though football was probably not going to be an option, she could still do many of the activities that he enjoys doing.
The ultrasound technician and I just looked at each other and smiled.
Well, I am happy to report that we are one step closer to achieving Rob's checklist. Behold what was waiting on our porch when we got home last night.
Rob has been teaching her how to putt in the living room using one of his putters. It was obviously too big for her, but she was actually pretty accurate with it. Now that she has some clubs that are a little more appropriate, watch out. We may have the next Michelle Wie on our hands!


4 comments:
She has been talking about golf all week, saying her and Daddy were playing gollf in the house. I never know how much to believe, but there is usually atleast a bit of truth to every story they tell. I like that she is playing golf, she will be the cutest little golfer out there!
You Go Girl!
Cindyrella
She can still LOVE football and watch the games with her daddy!
Fran- Yes she can. Although, I watch more football than Rob does. Harper has an Ohio State cheerleading outfit for game day this year. Pictures to follow.
So sweet! Love those things that they can do together!
Post a Comment