Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Morning Email

My mom emails me every morning. Typically, there's nothing important in the messages. She just wants to say good morning and let me know she's thinking about me.

I look forward to it every day.


This email from last week made me smile. It's soooo my mom.

Here is my inner commentary as I was reading it. 

Mom: Dad was notified by American Express that someone was using his card. American Express cancelled his old card and sent him a new one. 

Me: Boo on people who steal. Glad AmEx is getting it straightened out.

Mom: I do worry about you and Rob using debit cards.

Me: I know. You've told me that before. We like to use debit cards instead of credit cards because it forces us to be more aware of what we're spending.

Mom: I WORRY THAT SOMEONE WILL CLEAN OUT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT.

Me: Wow. My mom is passionate about credit card fraud. How does she even know that all caps equals yelling?

Mom: (AND THAT'S ALL THAT I WILL SAY ABOUT THAT.)

Me. Why is she still yelling at me? And how do parentheses affect the yelling? Do they indicate yelling on the inside? Is this yelling turned inward?

Mom: SORRY, I HIT THE CAPS BUTTON BY MISTAKE.

Me: Ah yes. Everything is now clear. This is the mother I know and love.


And as a side note, I did discuss with her the implications of bringing home baby squirrels. Crisis averted.

And, yes. My mom does sign every email WOW. It's MOM upside down. I love her.

5 comments:

puddlegirl said...

I like the part where she decided to tell you she did that on accident instead of deleting it and rewriting it:)

Christa said...

That's pretty good. And very sweet of her. And I have to admit that I would have trouble letting the baby squirel go back to the tree to live also.

Francy said...

I assumed there was a history of discussing the debit card issue between your mom and you and that's why she was REITERATING HER POINT SO EMPHATICALLY!

Kate said...

This made me smile. Partially because my dad, who never learned to type and does so with two fingers while looking straight down at the keyboard, often types half of an email BEFORE HE REALIZES HE HAS ACCIDENTALLY HIT THE CAPS LOCK. Parents are great! And PS - we have taken the debit card approach in our house, too, and my number was stolen once. Tell your Mom that the bank caught it early and my account was not wiped out! ;-)

Christina said...

Love, love and even more love. Moms are the best. :)