Did you miss me?
Holy moly have I been busy these last couple weeks!
Extra Work Stuff + Halloween + Normal Stuff = No Time To Blog
But now I'm back and I have a wonderful way (that I totally ripped off from lots of other bloggers) to get my blogging back on track.
Every day from now until Thanksgiving, I am going to mention one thing that I am thankful for. There is a lot of evidence to suggest that people who cultivate a grateful mindset are happier and healthier. Although I try to be mindful of this, I have found that I tend to be sporadically grateful rather that continuously grateful. I'll feel a wave of gratitude for a beautiful day or a good result at work, but at times I forget that every day brings things to be thankful for. This is going to be a good exercise for me to really appreciate the gifts of everyday life.
So to start things off, here are my first four things (I intended to start this on November 1st, but that just didn't happen. So, I'm playing catch-up already!).
1. I am thankful for my stroke.
I know that sounds funny, but it's true. I would never want to have another one, but I'm really glad that it happened to me. I know that I can only say that because don't have any residual effects. I am incredibly thankful for the healing that I experienced as well as the attitude adjustment that followed.
2. I am thankful for my kid.
I know that's kind of an easy and obvious thing to be thankful for, but it's true. The other day, we were having a conversation about what happens to food after you eat it. I told her that after you swallow it, it goes down into your tummy where it is broken up into really small pieces. Then it moves into your intestines where all of the nutrients are absorbed so that your body can have energy. Then once all of the good things are absorbed, the leftover stuff is waste and it leaves your body when you go potty. Later that night, we were watching tv and she said, "Mom, I am going to wast some energy." She then got up and went to the bathroom. When she cam back I said, "Harper, did you use the potty". She said "Yes. I wasted my energy!" Not exactly, but it's a start.
3. I am thankful for awesome friends who take beautiful pictures of my kid.
This is my friend Erin. She is a great photographer. She's also a great singer, a great cook, and a great mom to THREE boys with another little boy on the way! A couple weeks ago, she took some pictures of Harper. Last night she posted them on her blog. You can check them out here. She totally captured Harper's personality. I already have visions of our Christmas card dancing in my head! If you live in the greater Cincinnati area, make an appointment with her. You will not be disappointed.
4. I am thankful for Pumpkin Pie-flavored coffee creamer.
Take that Starbucks! I no longer need your overpriced (but oh so good) Pumpkin Spice Latte. I can make my own at home!
Ok, I'm all caught up now. I hope you will play along with me for the next few weeks. I will be posting these blogs on facebook so leave comments here or on there to tell me what you are thankful for. I think it will be great to encourage each other in this and I'm looking forward to hearing about all of the blessings in your life!
`




2 comments:
I'm catching up...I love your thankful posts! I was going to say something else, but I forgot! I might have to go back and reread. :P
Oh, yes...the Car Talk comments made me laugh. Those guys are too funny; listening to them can make you smarter (or sound like you're smarter) and make you laugh! And the Vanderbilt pic is AMAZING!!
Post a Comment