
Although fall officially began last week, today feels like the first day of fall to me. The weather is considerably cooler than it has been, the sky is blue and clear, the mums are blooming, the leaves are beginning to change... While I am looking forward to my first fall in Nashville, I can't help but think of my favorite things about fall when I was a kid. I grew up in Northeastern Ohio and we had a family tradition of visiting White House Fruit Farm around this time of year. White House is open all year round, and we went several times throughout the year, but I always looked forward to going in the fall. My mom and I would go in search of the perfect pumpkin, a job we took (and still take) very seriously. We would also get gallons of apple and cherry cider (yeah, I said cherry and it is awesome). But the best part about White House is their amazing blueberry donuts. I consider myself a bit of a donut connoisseur, so when I say that these blueberry donuts are amazing, they really are amazing. They are so packed full of blueberries that they are actually purple and to top it off, they are covered in blueberry icing. It just doesn't get any better than that. So, if any of you readers (cough*dad*cough) are passing through Ohio and want to send me some donuts...I'd be happy to receive them!
No comments:
Post a Comment