Last night I found the little notebook where I recorded the major events (diaper changes, feedings, hiccups, etc.) of Harper's first few weeks. After she came home from the hospital, I was neurotic about logging everything she did so I could be sure that she was eating enough, sleeping enough, peeing enough... I was looking over it last night and it occurred to me that I had forgotten how crazy those first few weeks months were. Here is one example from February 26th (6 days old):
12:12 am feeding
3:00 am feeding
3:25 am diaper change
3:30 am feeding
3:40 am hiccups
4:00 am rocking chair
8:00 am feeding
8:20 am diaper change
10:25 am feeding
10:55 am diaper change
11:40 am feeding
1: 15 pm diaper change
1:20 pm feeding
3:00 pm feeding
4:30 pm feeding
6:30 pm feeding
6:40 pm diaper change
6:40 pm feeding
8:23 pm feeding
9:30 pm diaper change
10:18 pm feeding/bed
7 comments:
Wow, girl! did you sleep or eat?
Harper is the cutest baby I have ever seen, and sometimes when I watch the videos of her, I find myself catching baby fever.
From now on, I will look at this post so that I remember that I truly cannot afford (time-wise) to bring a child into this world yet.
It seems as if charting those things may have helped you feel less stressed and helped you get a handle on that time.
Do whatever it takes.
If you were making a chart to tell you exactly when to do those things, that probably would be a little controlling.
The list you have is priceless and I'm so glad you kept it.
I am the complete opposite. I don't know that I ever wrote down anything, even if I was told to. I have a strong opposition to writing down what I am doing for the day or have done. Ergo, no blog.
I did the same thing with Dominick...wrote down less and for only a few days with Lanie, and poor Anthony...he just fed and diapered himself! ;-)
You are so type A! How funny. We just held him up and said "think he's hungry?" "yep." "time to sleep?" "prolly." "smell poop?" "you bet." "he's peein' good?" "think so."
Way to stay on top of it!
I feel exhausted after reading this. Will we ever be crazy enough to do it again?!
Post a Comment