Monday, February 9, 2009

Old Cat, New Trick


All things considered, we have a really good cat. She is friendly, clean, cute, patient with Harper, etc. Her one vice is that she likes to use our carpet as a scratching post. It's annoying. Up until last week, all we had to do to get her to stop was snap our fingers in her direction. Yeah. It really was that simple. She was afraid of snapping fingers and would stop immediately. Very convenient. Then last week, she had an epiphany. She realized that finger snapping couldn't actually hurt her and it was highly unlikely that we would actually get off of our butts to follow up the discipline. So, there it is. It only took her 4 years, but she finally figured it out. Who says you can't teach an old cat new tricks. 

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Hi! I'm over from dooce. I saw your comment on her latest post... my daughter's name is Harper! She's four now and I have to say she wears the name well. It suits her big personality. I think it is different without being weird sounding.

Anyway, as another mom of a Harper, I just wanted to say hello. :-)