Friday, March 13, 2009

Science Friday - Cornstarch Goo Edition

Cornstarch Goo is awesome. If you have never experimented with this stuff, you should. And if you have some kiddos at home, you definitely should! Tonight. If not sooner. All you need to do is mix some cornstarch with water until you get the consistency of pancake batter. (You could even get crafty and throw in some green food coloring for St. Patrick's Day.) The video below was featured on NPR's Science Friday (the real Science Friday, not my cheap rip off). I love how scientists just have this burning desire to explain things. Everything. Including Cornstarch Goo. Ahhh scientists - gotta love 'em. 
 


5 comments:

Erin Hull said...

It's ASK Dr. SCIENCE! And remember, he's not a real doctor, he has a Master's degree! In science!

You Elaine, are the REAL Dr. Science.

-Erin Hull

lizzytro said...

best science friday ever!

melanie said...

The very unscientific name is ooblek and it is a great way to spend a buck, especially if food coloring is added.
You can even walk across it without even getting your feet wet, say, in a small swimming pool! Amazing stuff!

Allison said...

They had this as the kids activity at the museum center two weeks ago...I had never heard of it until then. Ava had a lot of fun playing in it...they connected it to a Dr. Seuss book. Bartholomew and the Ooblek

DanThoms said...

Ever since I read about this in your blog I've been watching other videos about it. It' baffles the mind its so strange. I fully intend to buy some cornstarch and do this myself.