Thursday, March 26, 2009

Snake Dream


Last night, I had the weirdest dream (I blame the Tylenol PM that I took to help me sleep). I dreamt I was trying to catch white snakes and was constantly being bitten by them. This morning, I looked up how the "experts" interpret snake dreams. Not good - malice, betrayal, struggle, anxiety... I've been a little stressed lately, but nothing out of the ordinary. And usually when I'm really anxious about something, I have a recurring dream that all of my teeth are falling out. Do you have any recurring dreams? What do you think they mean?

8 comments:

Katie said...

I have crazy dreams w/ Tylenol PM too...have to only take 1. However, maybe dream interpretations aren't valid if the dreams were induced by mild narcotics? hope so anyway!

j steg said...

I used to have this Native American Indian dream where I was trapped and surrounded by them in the middle of the woods. It was not a bad dream because I wanted to be an Indian when I grew up. Still do actually. I only got the dream when I had fevers.

DanThoms said...

I have a dream, that black men and white men, Jews and Catholics...

lauriecooper said...

I have two recurring dreams. One that the middle finger on my left hand is cut off right at the first knuckle and the other that I see a plane falling out of the sky to crash. Both very vivid.

Anonymous said...

You probably already know this about me (because I always overshare), but for years I had a recurring dream about trains. I would be driving along and come to a crossing, stop, and then suddenly multiple tracks appear crisscrossing all around me in all directions, then trains started zooming past on all the tracks, then I realized a train was headed straight for me, but I couldn't move because of all the other tracks around me, so right before it hits me, I would wake up. For YEARS I had this dream, starting in college, peaking my first year of grad school....and it still pops up every now and then. This is why I was (am) scared of trains - but I don't think it is hard to figure out.

Jen said...

I've had crazy dreams ever since I had Everett.. probably because I'm only sleeping a few hours at a time. In all of them, people and places in my life are all mixed together and the circumstances are very bizarre... keeps life interesting right now!

puddlegirl said...

I've shared this with you, but I have the teeth falling out dream too!!! It feels so real I always feel like they are really gone and I say in my dreams... "See it's really happening! My teeth are falling out! I always dream about this." but I wake up and they are still there. The other night I dreamed that I had a tail, it was almost as scary as my teeth falling out.

missELAINEeous said...

I _frequently_ have that dream that all my teeth are falling out or that they're all broken off. Weird - I thought I was the only one.

Maybe it's an Elaine thing...