Thursday, April 9, 2009

Florida Day 1

Just a quick update before I hit the sac:
  • Great flight yesterday - I think I still have the best kid in the world. I was beginning to wonder lately, but she was so good on the plane that I am sure that she's still the best. 
  • We've been in Florida for a little over 24 hours now and I already have weird sunburn lines from my watch and t-shirt. Did I mention that I burn like a match?
  • My parents were pretty strict when I was growing up. Not in a bad or mean way - they just had high expectations of me. Now that they are grandparents, they take pleasure in encouraging Harper to do things that I don't normally let her do (like letting her eat ice cream before bed) and make fun of me for being too rigid with her. Oh how the tables have turned...


2 comments:

Maria said...

Grandparents are always better at spoiling your kids because they do not have to take them home and they returned them to you! Harper is so cute it would be difficult to say no to her!

Denise said...

Harper is growing like a weed ( sorry about the yard reference) Oh the joys of being a "Grammy" the first thing my middle grandson (he's 2) says to me when he comes thru the door is " icecream on a stick Grammy" and no matter what time of day I gladly comply - now this is true memories in the making.