Monday, July 27, 2009

Bye Bye

Just when I think I'm starting to get the hang of this whole baby thing, Harper throws me a curveball covered in bodily fluids. On Saturday, she had a massive poopy diaper blowout that required a bath for both baby and mommy. On Sunday during a routine visit to Sam's Club, I got a free sample of bacon and gave Harper a tiny piece to try. She started to choke on it, coughed a lot, and threw up in my hands. To my credit, not a speck of poop or vomit got on anything except me and her. Who knew I had this hidden talent of poop manager/ vomit catcher? Anyway, on a cuter note, Harper loves to say goodbye to Sage the cat in the morning. This morning, not only did she say goodbye, she also decided to give Sage a kiss. (PS - Don't mind the mess. We're moving in 2 weeks and packing has commenced.)

6 comments:

puddlegirl said...

she is so sweet.

Kelly said...

Messy house? Where? Looks like a house that a toddler lives in.

Francy said...

I like how the cat meowed back at her.

Elaine said...

I like the meowing too. I also think it's funny that Sage seems to be temporarily paralyzed even after Harper leaves.

Katie said...

Since she's all ready for school with the backpack and the out-the-door routine, can she come be my class pet. She'll be well-fed, well-loved and I won't even make her stay in a glass box!

Christina said...

There is definitely something about being a mom...while I couldn't catch a baseball even if I had a mitt the size of Delaware, I too can catch a truckload of puke with my chest, so that after a shower for the two of us there is hardly anything left to clean up. Just thinking about it makes me want to vomit. Isn't it amazing how quickly they get over such things? I wish I could do that!