Friday, August 28, 2009

Morning Dance and Teddy Bear

I shot this video this morning. It's a little random, so here's some background:

I love Harper's baby school because even in the 1 year old classroom, they have a curriculum. Each week has it's own theme. This is Teddy Bear week so all of the activities and art projects etc. have to do with teddy bears. Today, the kids are supposed to bring in a teddy bear to show the class.

Also, Harper loves to dance - especially when she is showing off new shoes. Yes, today I caved and let her wear a different pair of shoes to school. Well, I didn't really cave. She didn't ask to wear them. I just thought they would look cute with her outfit and it's raining here, so I don't think the kids will get to go outside to play on the playground (ie. no red playground dirt).

5 comments:

Francy said...

That is so cute. My daughter has a blankie like that but with a lamb instead of a teddy bear. She's had it since she was a baby. She started calling it Lamby Shoot when she was around three because she was chasing her brother and sister and using Lamby's arm like a gun to shoot them. She's 8 now and she still sleeps with it every night!

Kelly said...

So. Freaking. Cute.

Christina said...

Her grin is so fabulous...she sparkles! I love the dance; she's so proud. And that "Yeah." reminds me so much of Eliana. Precious. Isn't it so amazing and awesome how much they understand, and communicate when so small?

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

Awesome video! What camera are you using to create the video? I've just started trying this myself.

Elaine said...

Michael- I just use my little point and shoot digital camera to take the video. It's an Olympus Stylus 740. Nothing fancy. A nice digital SLR is on my wish list though. Keep taking videos of Ethan. He's pretty cute. And, I can't wait to see some of the new baby!