- multiple dogs
- multiple cats
- litters of rabbits
- 2 chinese king geese named Sally and Biter - both very mean
- a horse named Chico - would look for the nearest pile of manure to buck me off into
- chickens
- a rooster named Chipity - only liked me, would peck everyone else on the foot
- a turtle named Sancho
- ducks - the ones that looked alike were named after the days of the week, the 2 that were unique were named Webster and Brewster and would occasionally get to hang out in my room
- love birds
- lots of fish
- a leopard gecko
- a hedge hog named Groucho
There maybe more, but that's all I can remember. What's your pet history?
7 comments:
Growing up I had 2 dogs, many goldfish and 2 birds that made me sneeze my head off. Since the kids have arrived we have had countless goldfish, hermit crabs, Chinese Dwarf Mice-very mean, one of them killed the other by ripping it's heart out, gerbils and hamsters and a dog. hey now want lizards.
Just cats. I would think growing up around some many animals that you would love them but it has an opposite effect on some people. My husband's father always had lots of dogs and I guess their house was always gross from the dogs. That messed with Ron's sensibilities so he has never wanted any pets. He tolerates the cat. Sometimes I think he kinda likes her. He won't admit it though.
I really like animals in general and I think that having a lot of animals growing up was a contributing factor to why I like science so much. I also like other people's pets. I just don't like having my own pets. I'm too OCD and now that I have a child, I don't really see the need to have a pet. Although, I do like our cat.
I think your cat is an urban myth since I've really never actually seen her.
Clay once had two lizards and the only time he would feed them is when their little claw-feet-hand thingys would shrivel up from malnutrition.
Kelly -- did the mouse show the other mouse it's still beating heart after he ripped it out and then did he eat it? Just curious.
I love pets. My kids are allowed to have anything except for a snake.
Cats are my favorite, as I grew up with them. My first dog came along just about 12 years ago, when Jonah was a wee lad. We were driving home from Bigg's one day when a puppy ran out and got hit. I pulled over to help him and we ended up keeping him. He was the greatest dog ever. Now we have Scooby and that other dog...
Jack wants a big iguana. I told him if he can find one for free, he can have it.
Just no snakes.
Someone even gave a snake to one of the boys as a birthday present. There were tears and hurt feelings, but I made them take it back.
I need a new pet these days. I'm getting lonely. Poophead Jon says no though.
Lexi was our childhood dog, he is still alive and 13/14 years old. Before that we had fish. After Allayna, everything went downhill. I am not going to name how many animals she has brought into my parents house. I never counted any of them as our pets, just hers. I also had a dog right after I got married named Bebe (Beatrix Kiddo) and she was cute for a time, but then I remembered I don't really like animals and that I was working some 16 hour days. She now lives with my in-laws and I think she loves it there. I don't think I am meant to have pets. (And honestly neither is Allayna, but don't tell her I said that.)
Post a Comment