Let's see. I haven't been in much of a blogging mood lately. Partly because I've been a little busier than usual, and partly because I just don't have much to say. But here are a couple random things that are swimming around in my head today.
- I finally broke down and did it. For the past 5 years, my husband has asked me to give him a list of things that I would like to get as gifts. Apparently, I'm hard to buy for (although I dispute that fact). So, he wanted me to make a list. Until Monday, I was very much against making said list. One reason was because I wanted my husband to read my mind (joking, but only kind of). Secondly, receiving gifts makes me a little uncomfortable to begin with, so the proposition of making a whole entire list of things that I wanted did not sound like fun. But, in the end I caved. I made my list and I even included which holidays are important to me (ie. I could care less about Valentine's Day but I want him to celebrate our anniversary). It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Is this something you do in your families or do you have another system that works?
- Harper is turning 2 on Saturday. I can't believe that 2 years have passed in the blink of an eye.
- I like reading blogs. Here are just a few of my favorites. What are some other blogs that you think I need to know about?
- This is my friend Melanie's blog. She's funny and her family is always up to something interesting.
- This is my friend Christina's blog. I don't actually know Christina. She lives in Texas. But, I'm pretty sure we'd be friends if we lived in the same town. She has a beautiful family and her youngest daughter reminds me so much of Harper (she even looks like Harper).
- I've been reading this blog for a couple weeks now. The authors shared their story at our church a few months ago (and have recently come on staff). It was pretty amazing. Even if you can't relate to the specifics of their particular story, I challenge anyone to not be inspired and convicted by their daily advice and wisdom. They are doing a good thing and I appreciate it.
4 comments:
Awww, thanks Elaine! I love your blog for a couple of reasons. First, because you update regularly. Second, you use pictures and videos. Third, because you are a scientific mind. Fourth, because Harper is pretty easy on the eyes. Shall I continue?
I like 6yearmed.blogspot.com.
I love this Blog gavinowens.com even though it makes my heart hurt every time I read it.
P.s. dont forget my blog MylifeinSweats.blogspot.com ;)
Okay - I commend you for #1 - they just don't get it. They don't - they're guys and they are clueless. You have to spell it out, draw a picture, and then remind them. Just a fak-o-life!
Joanna- I like your blog too! I think it's awesome that you and Corey both contribute. And of course, I like to see pics of your cute kids. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment