This is the first Thanksgiving since we've been married that we are spending at home with just our immediate family. I have to tell you, it's nice.
We all slept in this morning and now we're up and around doing little things that make us happy.
Harper is helping Rob change the oil in one of the cars. I opened the door to the garage and found both of them under the car - Harper using Rob as a pillow. Excuse the bad cell phone pics.
And as for me, I just indulged the OCD side of my personality by scrubbing my kitchen in preparation for the mess that I am about to make. I'm actually cooking this year. Well, kind of. I got a honey baked ham. But I am making several sides as well as an apple pie. It counts.
We're not huge turkey fans, so we're doing ham instead. Yesterday, I was talking to Harper about what we were going to eat today and she said "And we're eating turkey too." I said, no we're just having ham. She got kind of upset (read threw a fit in the back of the car) that we were deviating from the turkey scenario that she has been hearing about for the last 3 weeks. So, being the ninja mom that I am, I made a quick stop at the store and got her some turkey lunch meat. If my kid wants turkey on Thanksgiving, than she will have turkey!
I have a lot to be thankful for. I hope that you can enjoy the little things as well as the big things today. Happy Thanksgiving.



3 comments:
Sweet! You're a good mom. Enjoy your day.
That is sweet! Love the picture. When Jessie was little, she wanted a ham sandwich for lunch. All I had was turkey, so I just made her a turkey sandwich and called it a ham sandwich. So for quite awhile, ham was really turkey in our house.
It totally counts! :)
I love the turkey story.
Post a Comment