Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Where I Fall On The List

Yesterday this picture was in Harper's cubby at school. The assignment was for the kids to draw things they were thankful for. As Harper was drawing, her teacher sat next to her and wrote down what each picture was supposed to represent.


Apparently, Harper is thankful for Pap, Grandma, Daddy, and herself. It came to my attention that one member of her immediate family seems to be missing from this list. 

ME! 

THE MOM!

Then, I noticed that one of the more human looking drawings was lacking a label. I thought, oh good, she didn't forget about me. So I asked her about it. The conversation is as follows.


Me: Harper, who are you thankful for?
Harper: Daddy.
Me: Who else?
Harper: Pap.
Me: Who else?
Harper: Grandma.
Me: Who else? 
Harper: Turkeys.
Me: (pointing to her picture) Is this Mommy?
Harper: No. Turkeys.

And there you have it. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spectacular. Kids are so funny. You should keep that drawing and give it to her when she is older. :)