Friday, April 8, 2011

My Hangout?

We've lived in Nashville for almost 3 years now and it still doesn't feel completely like home. One thing that's definitely preventing it from feeling more like home is that I can't find my hangout. You know what I mean - that go-to neighborhood restaurant that always hits the spot and feels like an extension of your own personal clubhouse.

I had lots of hangouts in Cincinnati (Christy's and Arthur's for example), but I just haven't found that kind of place here in Nashville. Now granted, I go out significantly less than I used to (thanks to you know who *cough* Harper *cough*), but after 3 years of looking I still haven't found my hangout.

This place is starting to come close, though. The kiddo and I had dinner at McNamara's Irish Pub tonight. 

The fish and chips was pretty darn good. 


And you just can't go wrong with one of these...



Although we didn't stay long enough to hear the live music tonight, that's definitely a selling point in my book too. Now I don't want to jinx it, but McNamara's, you and I might be on the verge of something special here.


3 comments:

Francy said...

That Guinness looks so pretty! Although, the cup looks a little too frosty.

Elaine said...

I know traditionalists will argue with me, but I like my Guinness ice cold.

Anonymous said...

I totally understand this one! We have lived in this town for 2 years and I still miss our hangouts where we used to live. I miss my seafood chimichanga!