In an effort to explore the great state of Tennessee and get away for Memorial Day, we took a weekend trip down to Chattanooga. What a great little city! We had so much fun visiting the Aquarium and the Creative Discovery Museum and just walking around the downtown area.
The aquarium was great. It was way more than just fish exhibits. They had a butterfly garden, penguins, snakes, and flying squirrels (which are native to Tennessee -- who knew??) among other things.
Here, Harper is reaching out to touch a butterfly in the butterfly garden.
She made a friend at the penguin exhibit. This little guy kept swimming up to investigate her through the glass.
The Creative Discovery Museum was awesome too.
They had lots of different exhibits for kids to explore. I think Harper liked the doctor's office the best. Here, she is bandaging up an injured baby doll's leg.
Some of the coolest parts of downtown Chattanooga are the interactive play fountains. Harper had a great time splashing around and cooling off.
"Mom, I know you told me not to get my skirt wet, but I just couldn't help it!"
We had a great time in Chattanooga. Harper especially loved it and as we were driving out of the city to come home, she started crying and yelling that she wanted to "stay in Chattanooga ALL DAY LONG!" Because it's only 2 hours away from us, I think we can make that happen again soon!
3 comments:
Exploring when they are little is so much fun! sounds like you had a great trip and the pictures are so cute.
There's a great little coffee/tea shop in Chattanooga that you have to check out next time you're there. It's called Rembrandt's. They have sandwiches and stuff too, but I always get some kind of tea. It's just quaint and cute and right by some other art stores. It sits up on a hill, but it's right near down town. They have a great little outdoor area too. Makes me want to go right now...
I love Chattanooga too! Lots of great childhood memories there for me, including the aquarium. It is a nice little city. I'm glad your family had a great time.
Post a Comment