Again playing catch-up...
Last night, I got the chance to talk to not one, but two, of my childhood friends on the phone.
I am so thankful for long-lasting friendships. There is just something about the consistency that comes along with childhood friendships that is very comforting.
Even though we live in different cities and don't talk nearly as often as we would like, there is always a common connection that we can tap into. It feels good when someone knows where you're coming from because they essentially came from the same place.
This second one stems from one of the conversations from last night.
I am thankful for round two.
Just when holidays start to become lackluster, you have a kid and everything is new and exciting again.
Now that Harper is three, she is in full holiday mode - every holiday - even arbor day. Which is awesome!
Her excitement is contagious and it makes everything fun again.
For example, she is totally obsessed with the leaves and turkeys right now. It's pretty much all she talks about. She's also very in to making holiday-related crafts (which I blame her school for- not that it's a bad thing, but it does put extra pressure on me to try to match the craftiness bar that has been set by the professionals).
So on Sunday, the three of us took a walk, collected leaves, and later that night (after I had time to think of a craft to do - as stated above, this is not my usual area of expertise) Harper used them to make a turkey.
Note the eyelashes. She wanted to make sure everyone knew this was a girl turkey. I tried to explain to her that girl turkeys don't have red wattles, but she would have none of it.
In any case, I am thankful that as a family, we get to do silly things like this to celebrate the holidays.


1 comment:
Love it! Harper is such a sweetie!
P.S. I didn't know about the red wattles, either!
Post a Comment