Dear Harper,
Happy Birthday!
One thousand four hundred and sixty two days ago, you were born. And every day since then, you have been a source of absolute joy for your dad and me.
You have had a pretty exciting year. You went to disney world twice, started playing golf, and performed in two dance recitals!
While I'm pretty sure that I can still beat you at a round of putt-putt, your dancing skills have far surpassed my own. I am amazed at how naturally rhythmic and graceful you are. Sitting in the audience watching you dance at your Christmas recital, I was taken aback with the amount of pride I felt for you. I have accomplished some big things in my life, but I think I was more proud of you on that day than I was for any of my past accomplishments. And it was just a blip on your little radar. Not really a big deal for you - certainly nothing earth shattering. You weren't even nervous about it.
I can't wait to see what you accomplish that will be earth shattering. I know it's coming. No pressure or anything.
I just can't believe that four years could go by so quickly. I feel like my little girl is slipping through my fingers. While I thoroughly enjoy watching you turn into a beautiful, smart, and kind young lady, I do admit that sometimes I miss my sweet little baby Harper.
Mostly it's when you are crying in order to convince me to let you wear a puffy princess dress to school instead of the jeans and t-shirt I picked out for you. Those are the times when I miss my easy going adaptable, fashion unconscious, little baby girl.
But honestly, I wouldn't trade you or any of the glitter and accessories that come with you for anything. I love you more than I ever thought possible.
Happy birthday.
Love,
Mom




1 comment:
Sweet baby! Four years does go by fast...it's bittersweet. I know her day was very special!
Post a Comment