I electrocuted myself several times at work last week.
One of the prongs on my computer wall charger broke off in the socket.
I tried to remove it and got shocked. So I left it in there and called maintenance to come and get it out.
It took them over a week.
In the meantime, I continued to shock myself. The outlet is under my desk right at knee level. Periodically, I would shift positions in my chair and my knee would brush up against the plug and I would get a jolt.
One day, I completely forgot about my improvised cattle prod. Without looking (or thinking) I reached under my desk to unplug my charger and accidentally grabbed onto the broken prong instead. It shocked me so bad that I couldn't let go for a couple seconds. It hurt.
I called the maintenance guy again after regaining feeling in that hand.
It was removed and I feel safe at my desk once again. However, I am noticing that I was a little more productive last week than this week... A little shock therapy now and again might be a good thing.
`

1 comment:
Your final paragraph made me laugh! Maybe that's what I need! Could you have covered it with duct tape?
Post a Comment