Thursday, July 23, 2009

Question of the Day


What animal would you be if you could pick? I would be a jellyfish. I am fascinated with jellyfish. There are over 200 species and all of them are incredibly interesting and beautiful.

This is one of the largest species of jellyfish, the Nomura's jellyfish. It's a gentle giant, however it's infesting the coast of Japan right now and wreaking havoc on fishing nets.

This is the Irukandji jellyfish, the smallest species in the world. However, it's also considered to be one of the most deadly.

Jellyfish are beautiful in still pictures, but to truly appreciate them you have to watch them swim.


What animal would you be?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jellies are great. As far as ocean life goes I have always been partial to the octopus. Smart and tricksy. I likes em.

Francy said...

I don't really know what animal I would be, but my husband has mentioned more than once that he would like to be our cat. Our cat gets to lay around all day and sleep and then someone feeds her and pets her. According to my husband, that's the life!

puddlegirl said...

I don't really like animals that much, but I think peacocks are beautiful! Unfortunately they make the most awful noises and to be the beautiful one you'd have to be the male. So that's just not going to work for me.