Yesterday, I had my checkup with my neurologist and everything looked good - which I could have told them before the 500 pin pricks they made me endure to make sure that they felt the same on both sides of my body!
The waiting room of the neurology clinic is not a happy place. There were lots of people in bad shape - some looked like they had had major strokes and lost the ability to walk, some were shaking from Parkinson's, and the guy sitting next to me (who looked about 50ish) told me that he had multiple sclerosis. He needed a walker. He was 32.
I don't know why some people get a raw deal and others dodge the bullets. Yesterday (and forever) I am thankful that I was one of the dodgers.
Today, I am thankful for all of my wonderful friends. If you are reading this, I'm probably talking about you.
I am thankful for my friends who live all over the country and who I can email prayer requests or funny stories or little annoyances to. I'm grateful that technology allows us to connect and be involved with the daily details of each other's lives.
I am also thankful for my Nashville friends. I love the people who are becoming an integral part of our lives. I'm grateful that they are investing in us and helping us make Nashville feel like our home.
1 comment:
I'm sooooo thankful that you are a dodger:) that one almost made me cry, I'm a big baby. But I love you and I am so thankful that you are my friend!
Post a Comment